Looking for a move into corporate finance?
Due to growth in the Sydney business, Leadenhall Corporate Advisory is now accepting applications for the position of analyst in its Sydney office.
This role provides an opportunity to apply your strong technical and research capability while obtaining a deep knowledge of financial valuation and broader aspects of corporate finance including financial modelling and M&A advice.
The role would ideally suit a candidate making a first move into a corporate finance role from a chartered background or similar.
Who we are
Leadenhall was established in 1982 and is a leading Australian independent corporate advisory firm specialising in the valuation of businesses, intangible assets and intellectual property. We are a group of highly experienced valuation professionals, many with ‘big 4’ corporate finance and valuations experience. Our client base ranges from ASX top 50 companies to individual entrepreneurs and our advice is often critical to decision making for boards and senior management teams.
We are also active members of an international network of like-minded valuation practitioners. As the Australian representative of the Valuation Research Group (VRG), which has a global network of over 800 professionals and clients in 60 countries, we work with our international peers on an ongoing basis to assist our clients and to develop best-practices for our firm.
What we offer
We pride ourselves on creating an environment that facilitates the development of our staff. The role will include:
- We offer the flexibility and growth potential of a small company, but still provide opportunities to work with leading clients, including top 50 ASX listed companies. As we are a small team you will make a real difference to our business and to our clients.
- A flat organisational structure
- A supportive, collegiate and highly flexible work environment that is results driven and with a strong focus on the development of our people
- A profit-based bonus that is transparent and directly rewards you for the contribution you make
- Ability to contribute more broadly to the business and the decisions we make as a company
About the role
The role will include:
- Attending meetings with senior management teams to understand the key issues facing the business including competitive positioning, industry drivers and projected business performance
- Analyse financial and other information in relation to clients and industries
- Analysis of market data including earnings multiples and discount rates observable from listed companies and available M&A transactional evidence
- Develop valuation models for businesses, intangible assets and financial instruments
- Depending on the risk and complexity of the project, prepare all or sections of valuation reports
This position would ideally suit a recently qualified CA or similar looking to make the move from the audit practice of a Big 4 firm to corporate finance. No prior valuation experience is required.
Applicants will have:
- Sound commercial awareness
- An interest in market conditions and how value is derived
- Two to three years professional experience
- A good understanding of financial statements. CA and/ or working towards CFA or similar designation preferred but not essential
- Advanced Excel financial modelling skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Well developed inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- A degree in finance, commerce or similar
- Australian Permanent Residency
Apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org